- Cooking Time: 10 to 12
- Preparation Time:
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning blend
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 bone-in loin pork chops (8 to 12 oz. each), 1 to 1 1/2 inches thick
- 1 lemon, quartered lengthwise
- Prepare barbecue grill and preheat for direct-heat cooking (the charcoal or gas flame is directly under the food; click here for details).
- For charcoal grill:
- Before you put the grill over the hot coals, brush it with a light coat of oil.
- For gas grill:
- When hot, brush grill with a light coat of oil.
- In a small bowl, with your fingers, mix Italian seasoning blend, salt, and pepper to blend well. Rinse pork chops and pat dry.
- Sprinkle seasoning mixture evenly over both sides of chops and rub into meat.
- Lay pork on lightly oiled grill over a solid bed of hot coals or high heat on a gas grill (you can hold your hand just above grill level only 2 to 3 seconds).
- Keep charcoal grill uncovered; close lid on gas grill.
- Cook, turning once with a wide spatula, until pork is no longer pink in center (cut to test), 10 to 12 minutes total.
- Transfer chops to plates and serve each with a lemon wedge to squeeze juice over the top.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Fun appetizers and snacks
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary Cookbook
Classic Chocolate Recipes ElevatedSee More
Holiday "Butt" Stuffing
Pumpkin Pie With Perfect Pie Crust
Nacho Cheese DipSee More