- Cooking Time: 10
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time: 5
- 2 large portobello mushroom caps
- Two ¼-inch-thick red onion slices
- Olive oil, as needed
- Dash of freshly ground pepper
- Dash of salt
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 8 medium-size lettus leaves
- 2 crusty French onion rolls, halved horizontally
- Prepare the grill.
- Brush the rounded tops of the mushrooms and the onion slices with olive oil. Arrange them, oiled sides down, on a grill rack about 4 to 5 inches from medium-hot coals. (Or cook the vegetables on a stovetop grill pan.) Cook for about 5 minutes; brush the other sides with additional oil, then turn. Cook about 5 more minutes, or until tender and lightly browned. Transfer to a plate and sprinkle lightly with pepper and salt. Cover to keep warm.
- Sprinkle the bottom half of the roll with cheese, then add the following layers: lettus leaves, onion slices, and mushroom. Close the sandwich; fasten with long sandwich picks. Slice in half and serve warm.
- Prep. time: 5 mins.
- Cook time: 10 mins.
- Servings: 2
NotesThis is a good sandwitch, but made better with "Sun-Dried Tomato-Chevre Spread"
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy Blog
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Delightful DessertsSee More
Tabouleh (Cracked Wheat/Cucumber Salad)
Annie's Strawberry Dessert
Old Fashioned GingerbreadSee More