- Cooking Time: 10
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time: 5
- 2 large portobello mushroom caps
- Two ¼-inch-thick red onion slices
- Olive oil, as needed
- Dash of freshly ground pepper
- Dash of salt
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 8 medium-size lettus leaves
- 2 crusty French onion rolls, halved horizontally
- Prepare the grill.
- Brush the rounded tops of the mushrooms and the onion slices with olive oil. Arrange them, oiled sides down, on a grill rack about 4 to 5 inches from medium-hot coals. (Or cook the vegetables on a stovetop grill pan.) Cook for about 5 minutes; brush the other sides with additional oil, then turn. Cook about 5 more minutes, or until tender and lightly browned. Transfer to a plate and sprinkle lightly with pepper and salt. Cover to keep warm.
- Sprinkle the bottom half of the roll with cheese, then add the following layers: lettus leaves, onion slices, and mushroom. Close the sandwich; fasten with long sandwich picks. Slice in half and serve warm.
- Prep. time: 5 mins.
- Cook time: 10 mins.
- Servings: 2
NotesThis is a good sandwitch, but made better with "Sun-Dried Tomato-Chevre Spread"
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Simple Homemade Favorites
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie TreatsSee More
Calzone de Gen aux épinards (ou bette à carde/chou frisé)
Chocolate Drizzled Lemon and Almond BiscottiSee More