GRILLED PORTOBELLO AND SUN-DRIED TOMATO SANDWICH WITH GARLIC HERBED MAYONNAISE
- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryI initially chose to try out this recipe simply for the fact that I love mushrooms and sun-dried tomatoes. Well, it shouldn't be surprising to learn that I loved the sandwich! The garlic herb mayonnaise really added a lot to the sandwich, so if you are tempted to skip it to save time, I beg you not to.
- For the Garlic Herbed Mayonnaise:
- 1/3 c. Hellmann's or Best Foods mayonnaise
- 2 tsp. white wine vinegar or lemon juice
- 1 tsp. finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tsp. minced fresh rosemary
- 1/2 tsp. minced garlic
- 4 kaiser rolls
- 4 large portobello mushroom caps (about 1 1/4 pounds)
- 1/4 c. extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4-8 sun-dried tomatoes halves packed in olive oil (I use more like 4 halves per sandwich)
- 2 large leaves romaine lettuce
- Heat a pan to medium-high heat. Brush the portobellos with olive oil and season liberally with salt and pepper on both sides. Add to heated pan and cook for 5-8 minutes on the first side, then turn over and cook for 4-5 minutes on the second side.
- Heat your rolls gently in the microwave and spread both halves with your mayo mixture. Place as many as desired sun-dried tomatoes on your roll and top with a portobello. Finish with the romaine and top with other half of the roll. Enjoy!