- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 to 5 ounces Rainbow trout with pinbones removed
- 4 tsp capers, crushed and minced
- 4 tsp whipped unsalted butter
- 8 sprigs of fresh dill
- 4 fresh steamed grape leaves
- salt & pepper to taste
- Yellow Tomato Coulis w/Papaya:
- 2 roasted yellow tomatoes (medium)
- 1 teaspoon roasted garlic
- 3 1/2 tablespoons peeled and seeded papaya (very ripe)
- Bring the unsalted butter to room temperature, then fork mix in the capers, salt and pepper.
- Apply evenly, but not liberally, to the top of each trout filet.
- Add two sprigs of dill to the top of each of the buttered filets.
- Wrap each filet tightly with the wine poached grape leaves, then refrigerate for approximately 30 mins.
- Pan roast two medium yellow tomatoes in a light amount of olive oil until lightly browned. Remove skin and seeds.
- Repeat the process with the garlic.
- Puree the sauce ingredients together in a blender, then refrigerate.
- On a pre-heated grill, mark off the trout filets approximately 4 minutes on each side or until meat is tender and flaky.
- Present the filets garnished with grape leaves butterflied open and drizzled with the sauce.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Soup & Chili Cookbook
Sharing Christmas with Friends
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School CookbookSee More
Cake Mix Banana Nut Bread
EZ Salami Rolls
Asparagus FrittataSee More