- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 hearts of romaine, rinsed and patted dry
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup finely grated Parmesan
- Vegetable spray, for pan
- Place vinegar in shallow pan and place in the freezer.
- Allow the vinegar to freeze, approximately 2 hours.
- Once frozen, scrape with a fork to create a shaved ice texture.
- Return the vinegar to the freezer until ready to use.
- Cut each heart of romaine in half lengthwise so that the root keeps each piece together.
- Lightly brush the cut side of the romaine pieces with olive oil.
- Season with the pepper.
- Place the cheese in a shallow pan large enough to lay the romaine in and press the cheese firmly onto the cut side of the romaine until it adheres.
- Spray a nonstick griddle or saute pan with vegetable spray and preheat over medium-high heat. Place the romaine in the pan and cook until the cheese turns golden, approximately 1 to 2 minutes Place the romaine, cheese side up onto plates and sprinkle with the vinegar ice.
- Serve immediately.
NotesJust saw this on TV...looks and sounds great
Grilled Romaine Recipe courtesy Alton Brown, 2005
See this recipe on air Thursday Aug. 09,07 at 8:00 PM ET/PT.
Show: Good Eats
Episode: Good Wine Gone Bad
Classic Chocolate Recipes Elevated
Recipes for Vitality
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"See More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More