- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 24 Medium or Large Shrimp
- ¼ cup lime juice (fresh or bottled)
- 1 ½ cup pineapple juice
- ½ cup spiced rum*
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed or minced
- 6 metal skewers**
- Peel and devein shrimp.
- In a quart size resealable bag, mix lime juice, pineapple juice, rum and garlic. Add shrimp and marinate for 30 minutes.***
- Divide shrimp evenly among skewers, and make sure the skewer is poked thru the large part and the tail of each shrimp. Push tightly together.
- Place shrimp on medium hot grill for 2-3 minutes per side. They cook fast, so keep an eye on them. You can also do these under the broiler for the same amount of time.
- Serve with Pineapple Salsa!
- *Substitute apple juice mixed with ¼ teaspoon cinnamon and 1/8 teaspoon cloves.
- **To substitute bamboo skewers for metal, soak skewers in water for 30 minutes prior to using.
- ***Avoid marinating longer, as acidic juices will start “cooking” the shrimp.
- Source: Sylvia Waldsmith
NotesA tropical treat!!
Source: Sylvia Waldsmith
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
The Lizz Delicious Cookbook Vol. 1See More
Italian Sausage and Mushroom Ravioli
Chicken Tacos with Green Chili Adobo
Fish Cakes (Thai) with Herd & Peanut SaladSee More