- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 24 Medium or Large Shrimp
- ¼ cup lime juice (fresh or bottled)
- 1 ½ cup pineapple juice
- ½ cup spiced rum*
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed or minced
- 6 metal skewers**
- Peel and devein shrimp.
- In a quart size resealable bag, mix lime juice, pineapple juice, rum and garlic. Add shrimp and marinate for 30 minutes.***
- Divide shrimp evenly among skewers, and make sure the skewer is poked thru the large part and the tail of each shrimp. Push tightly together.
- Place shrimp on medium hot grill for 2-3 minutes per side. They cook fast, so keep an eye on them. You can also do these under the broiler for the same amount of time.
- Serve with Pineapple Salsa!
- *Substitute apple juice mixed with ¼ teaspoon cinnamon and 1/8 teaspoon cloves.
- **To substitute bamboo skewers for metal, soak skewers in water for 30 minutes prior to using.
- ***Avoid marinating longer, as acidic juices will start “cooking” the shrimp.
- Source: Sylvia Waldsmith
NotesA tropical treat!!
Source: Sylvia Waldsmith
Delicious Recipes Made Easy
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
The Best Dang Little Dumplings Ever
Steamed Sweet Coconut Parcels
HERBED SALMONSee More