- Cooking Time: 6
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 15
- 1 Tbsp chopped ginger root
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 dried red chili or
- 1 tsp asian chili sauce
- Grated rind and juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 cup rum
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp chopped coriander or basil
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 lb shrimp
- Combine all ingredients except shrimp in a bowl and stir together.
- Stir in shrimp.
- Cover and marinate for 1 hour or 4 hours, refrigerated.
- Thread onto soaked bamboo skewers, making sure to skewer each end of the shrimp.
- Grill on high heat about 3 minutes per side or until shrimp is cooked through.
- Serve with Chimichurri Sauce.
NotesFrom Holiday 2005 LCBO flyer