GRILLED SHRIMP REMOULADE
Grilled Shrimp Remoulade
- Remoulade Sauce:
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce, such as Tabasco
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 36 raw shrimp, peeled and deveined (about 1 pound)
1. To prepare sauce:
Mix mayonnaise, yogurt, parsley, mustard and hot sauce in a small bowl. Cover and refrigerate.
2. Preheat grill to high.
3. To prepare shrimp: Combine cumin, paprika, coriander, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
Add shrimp and toss to coat with spices. Thread the shrimp onto four 12-inch skewers.
Oil the grill rack (see Tip).
Grill the shrimp until just cooked through, about 3 minutes per side.
Carefully remove the shrimp from the skewers. Serve immediately, with the sauce.
TIP: When using wooden skewers, wrap the exposed parts with foil to keep them from burning. (Contrary to conventional wisdom, soaking skewers in water doesn't protect them.)
To oil a grill rack: Oil a folded paper towel, hold it with tongs and rub it over the rack. (Do not use cooking spray on a hot grill.)
MAKE AHEAD TIP: Cover the remoulade sauce and refrigerate for up to 1 day.