- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast (I had 3, butterfly cut them thru the inside center to make 6)
- 1 cup Zesty Italian salad dressing
- 2 cups BBQ sauce (or more if needed)
- 1 (12 ounce) package bacon, cook & drain
- 6 slices cheddar cheese (I used mild but sharp would be good too)
- green onions for garnish, diced
- Place chicken and salad dressing in a large Ziploc bag. Marinate 1 hour.
- Cook and drain bacon on paper towels.
- Preheat grill to medium high.
- Remove chicken from bag and grill 15 minutes, turning occasionally, until temp reaches 165°.
- Start basting chicken with BBQ sauce giving it a few turns.
- Add bacon strips to each piece of chicken and then top with cheddar cheese. Grill until cheese melts. Remove from grill.
- Garnish with green onions. (forgot them for the pictures, Boo-Hoo)
NotesThis recipe comes from the Chef where I work! It was a big hit, sold out, so I wanted to make it at home because I knew my family would love it! I love the slices of cheddar cheese, something different from shredded and taste great too, different taste than shredded in my opinion! Chicken was moist, smothered in BBQ sauce, topped with crunchy bacon and ooey gooey cheese! Garnished with green onions was a perfect topper for the delicious meal! What's not to like about that? Yummy!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
Gluten-Free and DeliciousSee More
Chicken Cordon Bleu
Fudgy Caramel DelightSee More