- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryGrill up a chicken breast sandwich with a secret-ingredient, sweet-hot sauce. To add creaminess to this tasty sandwich, spread bottom half of each roll with 1 tablespoon mayonnaise before topping with chicken. Add a crunch with fresh lettuce leaves.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 4 slices (1 oz each) Havarti or Monterey Jack cheese
- ½ cup peach preserves
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 8 Pillsbury® Oven Baked frozen crusty French dinner rolls
- Lettuce leaves, if desired
- Preparation Directions:
- 1. Bake dinner rolls as directed on package. Heat gas or charcoal grill. To flatten each chicken breast, place chicken between 2 pieces of plastic wrap or waxed paper. Working from center, gently pound chicken with flat side of meat mallet or rolling pin until about 1/2 inch thick. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- 2. When grill is heated, place chicken on gas grill over medium heat or on charcoal grill over medium coals; cover grill. Cook 6 to 8 minutes, turning once, until juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut (170°F). Slice each chicken breast in half crosswise. Slice each piece of cheese in half; top each chicken breast piece with slice of cheese; cook 1 minute longer or until cheese is melted.
- 3 In small bowl, mix peach preserves and pepper flakes. Slice rolls; place chicken on bottom halves of rolls. Top each with 1 tablespoon preserves mixture. Cover with top halves of rolls.
- 4 sandwiches