- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryFrozen margarita mix is the secret to this great tasting steak.
- 1 1/4 pounds top round steak, cut 1-inch thick
- 6 tablespoons frozen margarita drink mix concentrate, defrosted
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1/4 tsp. Pepper
- 1 large avocado, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- In a small bowl, make marinade by combining margarita drink mix, cilantro, vegetable oil, garlic, cumin, salt and pepper.
- Put 2 tablespoons of the marinade in a small container, cover and refrigerate.
- Place the beef steak and remaining marinade in a resealable plastic bag.
- Seal bag carefully and turn to coat steak. Refrigerate 6-8 hours, or overnight, turning occasionally.
- Remove steak from marinade and discard marinade. Place steak on grid over medium ash-covered coals.
- Grill uncovered for 16-18 minutes for medium-rare doneness turning occasionally.
- Remove steaks and keep warm.
- Just before serving, in a medium bowl, combine avocado, onion and reserved 2 tablespoons of marinade mixture.
- Toss gently to coat.
- Carve steak crosswise into thin slices.
- Serve immediately with avocado mixture.