- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time:
- 3/4 c salt packed cappers (in a jar is perferred)
- 3-4 cloves of garlic
- 1 bunch basil leaves
- 2 lbs rip tomatoes, diced
- 2/3 cup EVO
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Eight cuts of steak (suggested 12 oz New York or 10 oz filet mignon)
- Black pepper
- Dried oregano
- Soak capers in cool water at least 4 hours, changin water at least twice. Drain and squeeze dry in kitchen towel. (If using bottled, just dry.)
- In food processor, blend garlic, 1/2 tsp salt and 30 basil leaves until creamy, 1-2 min. Transfer to bolw and add tomatoes, 2/3 cup oil, capers, vinegar and cayenne. Let ammogghiu sit at least 1 hour.
- heat a grill to high. Brush steaks with oilve oil and season liverally with oregano, salt and pepper. Place steaks on grill to desired doneness. Allow to rest for 5-10 min.
- slice steak across the grain to about 1/4" thick. Arrange on a platter, top with some ammogghiu and garnish with julienned basil. Can serve the remaining sauce around the table.
NotesFound this in the Off Duty section of the Wall Street Journal; June 8, 2013
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Holidays = Desserts = Happiness
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. WelchSee More
Oatmeal-cranberry Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chicken with Roasted Lemon & Rosemary SauceSee More