GRILLED STEELHEAD TROUT WITH MINT-BASIL MARINADE
Grilled Steelhead Trout with Mint-Basil Marinade
- Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 25 minutes
- 1 piece of steelhead trout (or salmon , if you prefer)
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cedar plank
1. Tear the mint and basil leaves and put them in a blender or small food processor. Add the lemon juice, chopped garlic, salt and pepper and blend.
2. Pour over the fish and let sit for at least 20 minutes or a few hours in the refrigerator.
3. Heat a grill to high heat. Make sure you soak cedar plank in water for at least 30 minutes before you put the fish on it.
4. Put the fish on plank on the grill and grill for 20 minutes.
5. Remove the fish from the grill and serve.
I served the trout with Roasted Brussel Sprouts and Hasselback Potatoes and a glass of Pinot Noir!