Grilled Stuffed-Pepper Salad
Why I Love This Recipe
Ingredients You'll Need
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus additional for grill
6 ounces medium white mushrooms
4 metal skewers
3 large bell peppers, halved lengthwise and seeded
1 large red onion, cut crosswise into 1/3-inch-thick slices
1 pound medium zucchini, trimmed and halved lengthwise
1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes (packed in oil), drained and chopped
5 ounces bocconcini mozzarella, each cut in half
8 tablespoons cilantro or basil pesto
3 cups baby arugula
Whisk together vinegar and 2 tablespoons oil in a bowl; salt and pepper to taste, for salad dressing.
2. Preheat grill and lightly oil rack. Thread mushrooms through stem end into skewers. Lightly brush mushrooms, peppers, onion, and zucchini with remaining 2 tablespoons oil; season with salt and pepper.
3. Grill vegetables, turning occasionally, until peppers are crisp-tender and remaining vegetables are just tender and golden brown, about 5 minutes for peppers and onion, 6 minutes for zucchini, and 8 minutes for mushrooms. Transfer peppers to a plate and remaining vegetables to a cutting board. When cool enough to handle, remove mushrooms from skewers and quarter; transfer to a medium bowl.
4. Cut onion and zucchini into bite-size pieces. Transfer 3/4 of onion (reserving remaining onion) and all of zucchini to bowl with mushrooms. Add tomatoes, mozzarella, and 2 tablespoons pesto to bowl; salt and pepper to taste. Toss to combine.
5. Spoon mixture into pepper halves and grill, covered, until cheese begins to melt, about 3 minutes. Transfer to serving plates and arrange arugula alongside stuffed peppers.
6. Drizzle arugula with dressing and top with reserved onions. Serve peppers warm with remaining pesto on the side. Makes 6 servings.
Questions, Comments & Reviews
More Great Recipes: Salad