- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 15
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup onion - chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic - minced
- 1 cup ripe tomato - diced
- 1/2 cup oil packed sun-dried tomatoes - thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup fresh basil - rough chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 (5-6" diameter) Portobello mushroom caps
- 1 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese - shredded
- Remove the mushroom stems and, with a spoon, scrape out the black gills from the underside of the mushroom caps. Chop the stems.
- In saucepan, warm 2 tablespoons of olive oil.Add onions and stems, cook until golden, approximately 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add garlic and diced tomatoes. Cook for one minute. Add sun-dried tomatoes, salt and pepper, lemon juice and chopped basil. Remove from heat.
- Brush or spray the tops of the mushrooms with oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill, caps up, for five minutes.
- Remove, place on a work surface, caps down.
- Spoon the filling into each mushroom, spreading evenly to the edges.
- In a small bowl, toss together the Italian bread crumbs and parmesan cheese.Salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle each mushroom with cheese mixture and olive oil.
- Grill the mushrooms again, cap side down on the grill over medium heat until lightly browned on the top, approximately 5-10 minutes.
- Serve warm.
NotesGreat as a side dish or the main course. The grill adds flavor you just can't get from your oven.
Kale Yeah It's Good...No Meat Necessary
Decadent Desserts Made From
Thanksgiving With The Singing VeganSee More
Fojos (Flourless Chocolate Cupcakes with Ancho Chili and Whipped Cream)
Crab And Shrimp Pasta
Graham Cracker Peanut Butter Balls (Truffles)See More