- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 2/3 cup chopped plum tomato
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh or 1/8 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce
- Cooking spray
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- Combine the tomato, cheese, 1/2 teaspoon oil, rosemary, pepper, and garlic in a small bowl.
- Remove brown gills from the undersides of mushroom caps using a spoon, and discard gills. Remove stems; discard.
- Combine 1/2 teaspoon oil, juice, and soy sauce in a small bowl; brush over both sides of mushroom caps.
- Place the mushroom caps, stem sides down, on grill rack coated with cooking spray, and grill for 5 minutes on each side or until soft.
- Spoon 1/4 cup tomato mixture into each mushroom cap.
- Cover and grill 3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
NotesGrill the mushrooms stem sides down first, so that when they're turned they'll be in the right position to be filled.
If you want to plan ahead, remove the gills and stems from the mushrooms and combine the filling, then cover and chill until ready to grill.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
A Falcon Feast
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Breakfast
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie TreatsSee More
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies
Peanut Butter Chocolate and Banana Chip Cookies
NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE PETIT FOURSSee More