- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis recipe was adapted to fit my taste and what was on hand at the time. The only thing I'd do differently next time, is to make sure I had a handful of cilantro to throw in.
- 3 large tomatoes, divided
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 green onions
- 1 4oz can diced green chilies
- 1 jalapeno's worth of canned nacho jalapenos, seeded
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 white onion
- salt and pepper to taste
- Grill 2 of the tomatoes, turning them as the skin chars so that all the sides are done. This makes it easy to peel the skins off. Once done, carefully remove the skin
- Cut out the core and slice into quarters. You can remove the seeds if you'd like...but I sometimes forget. No biggy.
- In a food processor, for a few seconds chop the garlic, onions (green and white), (cilantro if you have it, about 1/4 cups worth) and jalapenos. Scrape down the sides as necessary.
- Add the grill tomatoes, green chilies, olive oil, lime juice and cumin...pulse a few times. Quarter the remaining tomato that wasn't grilled and continue pulsing until your salsa has reached its desired consistency. Salt and pepper to taste....and let rest for about an hour before serving, allowing the flavors to mesh.