- Cooking Time: 10-15 minutes
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 1 lb farfalle
- olive oil
- 1 cup olive oil
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced paper thin
- 2 small zucchini, sliced diagonally
- 2 red bell peppers, sliced thin
- 2 cups broccoli crowns, halved
- 1 lb asparagus spears
- ½ cup fresh basil, chopped
- ½ red onion, sliced thin
- 2 cups chanterelle mushrooms
- 2 whole tomatoes, quartered and then halved
- 1 cup fresh grated parmesan
- While completing following steps, bring large pot of water to boil. Add handful of kosher salt and a couple tablespoons of olive oil. Add farfalle, and cook 7-9 minutes or until al dente. Remove from heat. Drain. Set aside.
- Preheat grill. Place vegetables on grill. Grill until vegetables start to brown, and broccoli is just starting to char. Remove from grill. Chop asparagus spears into 1 inch chunks. Toss into bowl with other vegetables. Add basil to mixture.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet on medium high. To this, add red onion. Sauté until onion turns golden brown. Add mushrooms and garlic and sauté for about 1-2 minutes, tossing frequently. Add the tomatoes, giving a couple of quick tosses, so that tomatoes are just hot and blended with onion. Add to large bowl.
- Top pasta with vegetables.Top generously with parmesan, and enjoy!
NotesI've made this since I was 13 years old. The vegetables vary greatly according to season and region, so I created a guide recipe to go by. Feel free to add any seasonal regional vegetables you feel would go good with this recipe.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
GAES PTO Recipes
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.See More
Calzone de Gen aux épinards (ou bette à carde/chou frisé)
Chocolate Drizzled Lemon and Almond BiscottiSee More