- Cooking Time: 10
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 25
- 1 small eggplant
- Kosher salt
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 pinch sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 4 large brown rolls
- 4 tablespoons Wafu® Wasabi Mayonaizu® Japanese mayo
- 2 cups rucola
- 1 medium tomato, thinly sliced
- 225 g fresh mozzarella, thinly sliced
- Cut eggplant into 1 cm thick rounds. Sprinkle with salt. Let stand in colander to draw out moisture, about 10 minutes. Pat dry.
- In a bowl, whisk together olive oil, balsamic vinegar, sea salt and pepper. Brush half the mixture over eggplant.
- Place eggplant on grill over medium heat. Brush with remaining oil, turning once. Grill about 10 minutes, until tender. Remove and set aside on a plate.
- Cut rolls lengthwise. Spread bottom halves with wasabi mayo. Layer with rucola, tomato, eggplant and mozzarella. Sprinkle mozzarella with extra balsamic vinegar (optional).
- Close sandwiches and serve immediately.
NotesA grilled vegetarian option for your next cookout. One bite and they’ll be hooked!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Halloween Easy Eerie Edibles
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' Recipes
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through CollegeSee More
Short Sharp Chops
CHOCOLATE CHIP ZUCCHINI BREAD / MUFFINSSee More