- Cooking Time: 3-4 minutes
- Servings: appx 6
- Preparation Time: 1 hour
BackstoryI served this dish at a mexican themed christmas party.
- 18 medium scallops,quarter sized
- 1 1/2 chipotle peppers,roughly chopped
- 24 basil leaves
- 1 1/2 cloves garlic minced
- 1T olive oil
- juice of 3 limes
- 3 slices ham cut into 18 strips
- place pepper,garlic and 6 basil leaves in microwave safe bowl,add 1/2 T olive oilcook full power for 2 minutes,let cool.
- Marinate scallopsfor 1 hour in the oil mixture,in refrigerator.
- lay out ham strips,add 1 basil leaf on top of each ham strip
- roll each scallop in ham/basil.
- grill scallops 1-2 minutes per side,until firm,not rubbery.
- remove from heat,sprinkle with remaining oil,and lime juice.serve while still warm,as an appitizer,or add rice for a main dish.