- Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 15 ounces firm tofu
- 4 slices whole-grain bread
- For The Chimichurri:
- 1/2 cup minced red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup sherry vinegar (red wine vinegar works too)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red-pepper flakes (optional)
- Press tofu dry with a paper towel. Cut into 4 pieces. Press dry again.
- Make the chimichurri: combine all ingredients in a bowl; reserve 1/2 cup.
- Marinate tofu in remaining chimichurri, basting occasionally, for 1 hour.
- Heat a grill or grill pan to medium. Lightly brush bread on both sides with
- chimichurri marinade. Grill until crisp, about 2 minutes per side.
- Grill tofu until lightly charred, about 4 minutes per side.
- Serve on bread with reserved chimichurri on top.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
NFPG Recipe Collection
Home cookingSee More
Easy Graham Cracker Ginger Bread House
Pecan Almond MuffinsSee More