- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb fresh buffalo mozzarella, cut into 4 slices, about 3x4 inches
- 8 slices firm white sandwich bread
- 2 L eggs
- 1/2 c heavy cream
- 1t fresh thyme leaves
- 1t salt
- grating of nutmeg
- 1/4c olive oil
- 2 T butter
- Place mozzarella slices on 4 slices of bread. Cover with remaining bread and trim crusts.
- In wide shallow bowl, whisk eggs. Add cream, thyme, salt, and nutmeg, and whisk until well-blended.
- In 10-12" nonstick skillet, heat 2T olive oil over med-hi heat until smoking. Add 1 T butter and cook until sizzling subsides. Dip 2 sandwiches in egg mixture, turning to coat, place in pan, and cook until golden brown, about 2 minutes. Flip over and brown on other side.
- Transfer sandwiches to individual plates and repeat process with remaining 2 sandwiches. Cut in half and serve immediately
NotesThis is also super-tasty with a bowl of tomato soup, or as an appetizer, it can be dipped in marinara sauce.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
GAES PTO RecipesSee More
Peking Style Smoked Chicken
Quick and Spicy Tomato Soup
Grilled London BroilSee More