- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb fresh buffalo mozzarella, cut into 4 slices, about 3x4 inches
- 8 slices firm white sandwich bread
- 2 L eggs
- 1/2 c heavy cream
- 1t fresh thyme leaves
- 1t salt
- grating of nutmeg
- 1/4c olive oil
- 2 T butter
- Place mozzarella slices on 4 slices of bread. Cover with remaining bread and trim crusts.
- In wide shallow bowl, whisk eggs. Add cream, thyme, salt, and nutmeg, and whisk until well-blended.
- In 10-12" nonstick skillet, heat 2T olive oil over med-hi heat until smoking. Add 1 T butter and cook until sizzling subsides. Dip 2 sandwiches in egg mixture, turning to coat, place in pan, and cook until golden brown, about 2 minutes. Flip over and brown on other side.
- Transfer sandwiches to individual plates and repeat process with remaining 2 sandwiches. Cut in half and serve immediately
NotesThis is also super-tasty with a bowl of tomato soup, or as an appetizer, it can be dipped in marinara sauce.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert Cookbook
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern CreationsSee More
Chicken Cordon Bleu
Fudgy Caramel DelightSee More