- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryENJOY.This comes from my husband and it's great.
..... Can be served with texas pete sauce. By the way it doesn't even taste like grits or so I don't think so.
- 1 pound neese's regular sausage
- 1 pound neese's hot sausage
- 6 eggs
- 4 cups cooked grits
- 2 12-ounce packages of cheddar sharp cheese
- Cook grits according to instructions, while cooking fry 2 pounds of sausage and then drain. Combine 6 beaten eggs, cooked grits and cooked sausage add 1 bag plus 1/2 of the other bag of cheese. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Place into a 9 x 13 inch casserole dish, spray with Pam. Cover with remaining cheese. Cook at 350 degrees for 45 mintues or until cheese starts to brown or knife inserted comes out clean.