- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
- 1/4 cup minced yellow onion (I used what I had...white)
- 7-8 TB butter, divided
- 1 1/2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1/8 tsp thyme (I used savory)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 flour
- 1 TB oil
- 1/2 cup beef stock, beef bouillon, dry white wine, dry white vermouth, red wine or 1/4 cup water (I used dry white vermouth)
- In a heavy skillet, melt 2 TB butter. Cook the onions in the butter until tender but not browned, about 10 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the onions, beef, 2 TB softened butter, salt, pepper, thyme and egg. Mix until thoroughly blended. Form the mixture into 6 patties, about 3/4 inch thick.
- At this point you can cover them and place in the refrigerator until ready to cook.
- Just before sauteing, lightly coat each patty in flour, shaking off any excess flour.
- Over medium-high heat, melt 1 TB butter along with the oil. When the foam from the butter begins to subside (this indicates that the pan is hot enough to sear the meat) saute the patties for 2-3 minutes per side or more, depending on how you like your meat, rare, medium, well done.
- Remove and keep warm while making the sauce.
- Pour the fat out of the skillet. add in the liquid of your choice and rapidly boil down until it has reduce to an almost syrupy consistency, scraping up the delicious nuggets from the bottom of the pan.
- Remove from heat and gently stir in 2 - 3 TB of butter, 1/2 TB at a time. Pour over the patties.
NotesThis delicious patty would make an amazing hamburger as well as a simple main dish.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Secret of the Wings Cookbook
Adventures in Cooking
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for LunchSee More
Corn Fritters ( Sorullitos)
Mambo Pork Rolls with Sweet Potatoes
Red Lentil And Vegetable SoupSee More