- Cooking Time: 65
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 25
BackstoryPerfect for lazy, weekend mornings or light, summer suppers.
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cups Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal (crushed to 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 cup shredded Gruyère cheese (4 oz.)
- 1 cup finely chopped ham (4 oz.)
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 5 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1. In medium bowl stir together 1 1/4 cups flour, KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN ORIGINAL cereal and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Add oil. Mix until is moistened. Sprinkle with cold water, 1 tablespoon at a time, tossing with fork until water is absorbed. Gather into ball. Press on bottom and up sides of 9-inch pie plate. Flute edges.
- 2. Line pastry with heavy-duty foil. Place about 1/3 cup of pie weights, uncooked rice or dry beans on top of foil. Bake at 400º F for 10 minutes. Remove foil and pie weights. Layer cheese, ham and onions in hot crust.
- 3. In medium bowl whisk together eggs, milk, 1 tablespoon flour, 1/4 teaspoon salt, pepper and mustard. Pour over ingredients in crust. Cover edges with foil. Bake at 375º F for 30 minutes. Remove foil. Bake at 375º F for 20 to 25 minutes more or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes.