- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3/4 c. diced red onion (1/4" pieces)
- 4 avocados (about 2 lbs.)
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped (1 Tb.)
- 1 very ripe tomato, halved, seeded and cut into 1/4" dice (1 c.)
- 4 scallions, cleaned and minced fine (2/3 c.)
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. Tabasco® sauce
- 3 Tb. olive oil
- 3 Tb. lime juice
- 1 small jalapeño pepper, seeded and chopped (opt.)
- 3 Tb. chopped cilantro or parsley
- Rinse chopped red onion in sieve under cold water & drain. Cut avocados in half, remove pits and spoon flesh into mixing bowl. Mash coarsely with fork. Add onion, garlic, tomato, scallions, salt, Tabasco®, olive oil, lime juice and jalapeño pepper. Stir well and imbed the avocado pits in the mixture. Cover tightly with plastic wrap so that it lies directly on the guacamole and set aside until serving time.
- At serving time, remove the pits and stir in some of the cilantro. Arrange the guacamole in an attractive serving dish, sprinkle the remaining cilantro on top, serve with chips.
- Kay says: I used parsley as I don't care for the taste of cilantro. Also, I have no idea why you're supposed to imbed the pits in the guacamole! LOL They never showed that on the PBS program and I was really surprised to see in on the recipe when I printed it off the site! Does it help keep the guacamole from turning color? I honestly don't know!! Sorry!!
NotesI found this recipe on a PBS cooking program about a year ago!! It's awesome!! Especially with fresh garden tomatoes and jalapeños!!
Family and Friends Starter CookBook
Breads and Breakfasts: Bakin' Without Eggs...or Dairy!
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome RecipesSee More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More