- Cooking Time: 1
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time: 5-10
- Collard greens
- Fresh guacamole
- Fresh mild salsa
- 1 cup raw pistachios
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- ½ tbsp. onion powder
- ½ tbsp. cumin
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- Put the pistachios, chili powder, onion powder, cumin, and sea salt in a food processor and process for about 10 seconds until it begins to form a meal with some big pieces of nuts still intact. Set aside.
- Wash and clean the collard green leaves and remove the stems. (Each big collard green leaf can be cut into two wraps once you remove the stem.) Soak the leaves in warm water for 1 minute (no warmer than 100 degrees) to soften them a bit. Remove the leaves from the water, pat them dry, and lay them out on your cutting board.
- Spoon a generous portion of guacamole on each leaf and top with a little salsa. Sprinkle each wrap with a topping of the spicy pistachio crunch. Store leftover spicy pistachios in a plastic baggie or Tupperware container for use on another day.
- Roll the wraps up gently and enjoy.
- Tip: If you don’t want to buy guacamole and salsa, just use plain slices of avocado in place of the guacamole.
Notes“7 Days of Raw Food” blogathon. For 7 days straight, I’ll be featuring easy raw food recipes (no dehydrators or fancy appliances) and a few raw food treats from NYC restaurants. I hope you enjoy it!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MetroCooking DC 2013
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern Creations
50 Shades of TasteSee More
pistachio cranberry icebox cookies
Teeny Tiny Italian Meat-loaves
Mom's Holiday Stove Top StuffingSee More