- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 medium Ripe avocados (about 1 lb. ea), halved
- 1 Plum tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 c. Chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 Tbs. Fresh lime juice, plus more as needed
- 2 tsp. Minced garlic
- 1 tsp. Finely minced jalapeno chile, plus more as needed
- 1/2 tsp. Kosher salt, plus more as needed
- 1/8 tsp. Ground cumin
- Using metal spoon, scoop out the avacado flesh, releasing it from the peel. Remove the pit. Put flesh in a medium bowl and lightly mash with a fork. Add the tomato, cilantro, 1 tablespoon lime juice, garlic, 1 teaspoon jalapeno, 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, and the cumin and stir to combine. Taste and season with more lime juice, jalapeno, and kosher salt if necessary.
- Do-Ahead: Guacamole is best made and served immediately, but you may refrigerate it, covered with plastic wrap pressed directly onto the top of the guacamole, for 4-6 hours. Taste and adjust the seasonsings just before serving, as the flavor dulls over time.
NotesMakes 1 1/2 cups or serves 4-6 people.
From The Bride & Groom First and Forever Cookbook
My notes: I just use the ingredient list as a baseline and go from there. Additionally I have added Tabasco instead of the jalapeno and dried cilantro instead of fresh.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!
Secret of the Wings Cookbook
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skinSee More
Puff Daddy Pancake
Pumpkin-Cream Cheese Streusel Pie
Tossed Salad With Oil And Vinegar DressingSee More