- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 medium Ripe avocados (about 1 lb. ea), halved
- 1 Plum tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 c. Chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 Tbs. Fresh lime juice, plus more as needed
- 2 tsp. Minced garlic
- 1 tsp. Finely minced jalapeno chile, plus more as needed
- 1/2 tsp. Kosher salt, plus more as needed
- 1/8 tsp. Ground cumin
- Using metal spoon, scoop out the avacado flesh, releasing it from the peel. Remove the pit. Put flesh in a medium bowl and lightly mash with a fork. Add the tomato, cilantro, 1 tablespoon lime juice, garlic, 1 teaspoon jalapeno, 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, and the cumin and stir to combine. Taste and season with more lime juice, jalapeno, and kosher salt if necessary.
- Do-Ahead: Guacamole is best made and served immediately, but you may refrigerate it, covered with plastic wrap pressed directly onto the top of the guacamole, for 4-6 hours. Taste and adjust the seasonsings just before serving, as the flavor dulls over time.
NotesMakes 1 1/2 cups or serves 4-6 people.
From The Bride & Groom First and Forever Cookbook
My notes: I just use the ingredient list as a baseline and go from there. Additionally I have added Tabasco instead of the jalapeno and dried cilantro instead of fresh.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or PartySee More
Surprise Birthday Cake
Citrus Pork Roast
Paula's Pecan ChickenSee More