- Cooking Time: 4 minutes
- Servings: 1-20
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 2 slices of thick bread (Texas Toast or Brioche are perfect)
- Guava Paste
- Cream Cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ½ teaspoon Cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons of Butter
- Slice cream cheese and place in freezer for 10 minutes to get really cold.
- Slice guava paste and place on bread and add super cold cream cheese on top.
- Mix Egg, Vanilla and Cinnamon in a bowl.
- Heat butter in pan.
- Dip bread into egg mixture and fry.
- Flip when corners are brown
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve.
NotesWhen I moved to LA from Miami there was nothing in the world I missed than my Grandmother but coming in close was Football & Pastelitos con Guava y Queso (Cuban pastries with Guava & Cheese). Will on a run at the 99 cent store I noticed they had Guava paste, cream cheese & Texas Toast sliced bread... well it was a wrap for me. My wheels started spinning & I had to try it. Now it's not as light & flaky as my pastelitos but boy does it silence the cravings when they come up. I think the next time I make them I'll ground up some Cinnamon Toast Crunch & dip the battered toast in before I cook.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
The Naked Macaron
Breads and Pastry 101See More
One Bowl Pineapple Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
Garam Masala Cream Soup
Crustless Mini QuichesSee More