- Cooking Time: 4 minutes
- Servings: 1-20
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
BackstoryWhen I moved to LA from Miami there was nothing in the world I missed than my Grandmother but coming in close was Football & Pastelitos con Guava y Queso (Cuban pastries with Guava & Cheese). Will on a run at the 99 cent store I noticed they had Guava paste, cream cheese & Texas Toast sliced bread... well it was a wrap for me. My wheels started spinning & I had to try it. Now it's not as light & flaky as my pastelitos but boy does it silence the cravings when they come up. I think the next time I make them I'll ground up some Cinnamon Toast Crunch & dip the battered toast in before I cook.
- 2 slices of thick bread (Texas Toast or Brioche are perfect)
- Guava Paste
- Cream Cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ½ teaspoon Cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons of Butter
- Slice cream cheese and place in freezer for 10 minutes to get really cold.
- Slice guava paste and place on bread and add super cold cream cheese on top.
- Mix Egg, Vanilla and Cinnamon in a bowl.
- Heat butter in pan.
- Dip bread into egg mixture and fry.
- Flip when corners are brown
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve.