- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 18 cupcakes
- Preparation Time:
- 2 Cups whole wheat flour
- 1 Cup Agave Nectar (or 1 1/2 cups of sugar)
- 1/2 Cup thinly diced Guava Paste
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 Cup Fat Free Milk
- 1/4 C guava juice
- 3/4 C crushed Guava Chunks
- 3 tbl Cream cheese
- 1 stick of softened butter
- 3 eggs (beaten)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Hot pink or Red food coloring
- Cream Cheese frosting*
- * you can use store bought or my cream cheese frosting recipe
- Sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Mix butter & Agave til creamy on medium speed
- slowly add dry 1/2 ingredients then 1/2 milk & vanilla mixture, then other 1/2 followed by Milk
- add Guava Nectar, chunks, paste, cream cheese & coloring
- Fill cupcake liners to the top and bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
- Use toothpick to check if fully baked.
- Let cool for 20 minutes, cut top of cupcake, use a small cookie cutter to cut shape in the middle, ice the bottom part of cupcake , add top bake on & sprinkle
NotesGrowing up in Miami I am absolutely in love with these Cuban pastries called Pastelitos. These yummy Guava & Cream Cheese filled pastries are just the cat's pajamas. Living in LA I needed to find an easy way to quell my pastelito cravings!