- Cooking Time: 45
- Preparation Time:
- 6 C self-rising flour
- 1 C sugar
- 2 bottles dark beer (guiness)
- 1 C butter melted- set aside
- In a large mixer-with bread dough attachment- mix the flour, sugar and beer until well mixed. Placed in greased bread pans.
- Bake 350F/180C for 30 minutes
- At 30 minutes of baking, split the top of loaves and pour half of butter on top. Bake additional 15 minutes
- Remove bread from oven, pour the rest of the butter on top of loaves. Set aside to cool 10 minutes. Serve hot or cold-
NotesI just recently had a potluck al' fresco style at my house a weekend ago. It was so much fun! I decided to make one of my old stand bys, since I made ribs again. Beer Bread! My mother use to make it all the time, when I was a kid and I loved loved it when it would come out of the oven dripping in butter and all hot! As an adult, I have added my little love to the beer bread by using dark beer- my mother would always use a light beer. I LOVE to use, Guiness with my recipe. It gives a rich flavor!
I personally love it with butter, but at the party friends were using a nice beer mustard and even goat cheese. It was amazing.
So I share.
Guiness Beer Bread- makes 2 loaves
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
MetroCooking DC 2013
L. Kayell presents: Cook with the WOW Characters of iN Education, Inc.See More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More