- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2lbs. stew beef
- Seasoned flour for dredging
- Olive oil
- 2c. beef broth
- 3 cans Guinness - divided
- 1 can tomato paste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 potatoes, peeled & cut in 1 in. chunks
- 1 butternut squash, peeled & cut in 1 in. chunks
- 5 parsnips, peeled & cut in 1 in. chunks
- 3 carrots, peeled & cut in 1 in. chunks
- 2 onions, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 box frozen artichoke hearts (just because I had them in the freezer and thought "Why not?")
- Throw beef in a bag with seasoned flour and toss.
- Brown beef in olive oil in a large soup pot.
- Pour in beef broth and half of the Guinness.
- Cook the meat for an hour or so in the liquid before adding vegetables so they don't get too mushy.
- Add tomato paste and more Guinness if you need more liquid. Salt and pepper to taste. Add vegetables and cook for another hour or two (however much time you have). This was so good and only got better as time went by. Can't wait for leftovers tonight!
NotesI was in the mood for comfort food so made this yesterday. I read several recipes for beef stew and then mixed them all together in my head. Here is what I came up with:
Halloween Easy Eerie Edibles
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skinSee More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More