- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2lbs. stew beef
- Seasoned flour for dredging
- Olive oil
- 2c. beef broth
- 3 cans Guinness - divided
- 1 can tomato paste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 potatoes, peeled & cut in 1 in. chunks
- 1 butternut squash, peeled & cut in 1 in. chunks
- 5 parsnips, peeled & cut in 1 in. chunks
- 3 carrots, peeled & cut in 1 in. chunks
- 2 onions, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 box frozen artichoke hearts (just because I had them in the freezer and thought "Why not?")
- Throw beef in a bag with seasoned flour and toss.
- Brown beef in olive oil in a large soup pot.
- Pour in beef broth and half of the Guinness.
- Cook the meat for an hour or so in the liquid before adding vegetables so they don't get too mushy.
- Add tomato paste and more Guinness if you need more liquid. Salt and pepper to taste. Add vegetables and cook for another hour or two (however much time you have). This was so good and only got better as time went by. Can't wait for leftovers tonight!
NotesI was in the mood for comfort food so made this yesterday. I read several recipes for beef stew and then mixed them all together in my head. Here is what I came up with:
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!
Growers' Giveback Potluck
A Gluten Free Christmas with Gluten Free MamaSee More
Roasted Pepper Potato Soup
Oven Crispy FriesSee More