- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1-1/2 lb. jumbo shrimp, peeled deveined, shells reserved
- 1 cup bottle clam broth, chicken broth, or water
- 8 Tbsp. (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 scallions, both white & green parts, trimmed, finely chopped
- 1-2 Tbsp. Tabasco hot sauce
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Bay leaves
- 2 tsp. cayenne
- 2 tsp. sweet paprika
- 2 tsp. dried thyme
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1-1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 3/4 c. dark cane syrup
- 1. Combine the shrimp shells and clam broth in a medium-size saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer, uncovered, until slightly reduced and well flavored (the shrimp shells will turn orange), 10 to 15 minutes. Strain the broth into another medium-size saucepan; you should have about ¾ cup.
- 2. To the shrimp broth, add the butter, garlic, and scallions, Tabasco, Worcestershire sauce, bay leave, cayenne, paprika, thyme, oregano, salt, black pepper, and syrup.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat and cook, uncovered, until thick, syrupy, and richly flavored, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
- 3. Meanwhile, rinse shrimp under cold running water, drain, and blot dry.
- 4. Add shrimp to cooled marinade in saucepan and toss to coat.
- Cover and let marinate in refrigerator for 2 to 4 hours.
- 5. Preheat grill to high.
- 6. When ready to cook, oil the grill grate. Remove shrimp from marinade, reserving the marinade.
- Arrange the shrimp on the hot grate and grill, turning with tongs, until nicely browned on outside and firm and pink inside, about 2 minutes per side.
- Brush shrimp with 2-3 Tbsp. of reserved marinade while cooking.
- 7. Transfer shrimp to serving platter.
- Bring remaining marinade to a boil in its saucepan over medium heat.
- Pour over shrimp and serve immediately.
- Serves 6-8 as an appetizer, 4 as an entrée.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Second Grade Holiday Cookbook
Rainbows Of Vegan Love
'CHEF' the Film Cookbook: Recipes from El JefeSee More
Peking Style Smoked Chicken
Quick and Spicy Tomato Soup
Grilled London BroilSee More