- Cooking Time: 12 minutes
- Servings: 9 servings
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. cream of tartar
- 1/4 tsp. sugar
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 1/3 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Sift flour, baking powder, salt, cream of tartar and sugar in medium bowl. Cut in butter until mixture resemblescoarse crumbs.
- Add milk; stir with fork or spatula until soft dough forms.
- Place on lightly floured surface; knead 8 to 10 times or until smooth. Pat
- dough lightly into 6-inch square. Cut evenly into 9 pieces. Place on
- ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm with honey.
- Cheese Biscuits - Add 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese to dry ingredients.
- These biscuits are very light and flaky, because the method used to pat into a square and cut into thirds lengthwise and crosswise means that you don't have to handle the dough a lot. The less you handle biscuit dough, the better.
NotesEveryone is entitled to the sanctity of a good biscuit! Perfect every time, and a super easy method.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
Food Travels Through Italy
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary CookbookSee More
Super-Simple Snickers Pies
Cilantro Pork Tamales
PUmpkin Carrot Swirl BarsSee More