- Cooking Time: 12 minutes
- Servings: 9 servings
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. cream of tartar
- 1/4 tsp. sugar
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 1/3 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Sift flour, baking powder, salt, cream of tartar and sugar in medium bowl. Cut in butter until mixture resemblescoarse crumbs.
- Add milk; stir with fork or spatula until soft dough forms.
- Place on lightly floured surface; knead 8 to 10 times or until smooth. Pat
- dough lightly into 6-inch square. Cut evenly into 9 pieces. Place on
- ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm with honey.
- Cheese Biscuits - Add 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese to dry ingredients.
- These biscuits are very light and flaky, because the method used to pat into a square and cut into thirds lengthwise and crosswise means that you don't have to handle the dough a lot. The less you handle biscuit dough, the better.
NotesEveryone is entitled to the sanctity of a good biscuit! Perfect every time, and a super easy method.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Camp Nubar Baking Class
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake Recipe
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome RecipesSee More
Delicious Fudgy Black Bean Brownies
Steamed vegetables saladSee More