- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup non-fat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons hot picante sauce (I use Pace)
- 4 tilapia fillets
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1-1 1/2 cups panko bread crumbs
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 avocado, cubed
- In a small bowl, combine all of the sauce ingredients, blending well. Cover and refrigerate until needed.
- Mix the flour, salt and pepper in a shallow bowl. Place the beaten egg in another shallow bowl and the panko bread crumbs in a third shallow bowl. Dredge each tilapia fillet first in the flour, then in the egg and then in the bread crumbs, making sure to cover completely.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in large skillet over medium high heat until hot, but not smoking. Reduce heat to medium and place 2 fish fillets in the hot skillet. Fry fish for about 3 minutes on each side or until the fillets are brown and the fish flakes easily. Repeat for the remaining 2 fillets. Salt fillets as desired.
- To serve, place a fillet on a plate, top with 1/2 cup cabbage, 1/4 cup cheese, tomatoes and avocado cubes. Drizzle with sauce.
NotesOne of my husband's favorite recipes is fish tacos. We were out of tortillas one day, so I simply piled some fish with our favorite toppings and it turned out beautifully!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Easy Homemade Salad Dressings
Paul's Food World Volume 1
The Lizz Delicious Cookbook Vol. 1See More
Calzone de Gen aux épinards (ou bette à carde/chou frisé)
Chocolate Drizzled Lemon and Almond BiscottiSee More