- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup non-fat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons hot picante sauce (I use Pace)
- 4 tilapia fillets
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1-1 1/2 cups panko bread crumbs
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 avocado, cubed
- In a small bowl, combine all of the sauce ingredients, blending well. Cover and refrigerate until needed.
- Mix the flour, salt and pepper in a shallow bowl. Place the beaten egg in another shallow bowl and the panko bread crumbs in a third shallow bowl. Dredge each tilapia fillet first in the flour, then in the egg and then in the bread crumbs, making sure to cover completely.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in large skillet over medium high heat until hot, but not smoking. Reduce heat to medium and place 2 fish fillets in the hot skillet. Fry fish for about 3 minutes on each side or until the fillets are brown and the fish flakes easily. Repeat for the remaining 2 fillets. Salt fillets as desired.
- To serve, place a fillet on a plate, top with 1/2 cup cabbage, 1/4 cup cheese, tomatoes and avocado cubes. Drizzle with sauce.
NotesOne of my husband's favorite recipes is fish tacos. We were out of tortillas one day, so I simply piled some fish with our favorite toppings and it turned out beautifully!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' Recipes
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013See More
Edamame and Radish Slaw
Lisa Lovegood's Butterbeer Cake
Rustic Whole Wheat Garlic & Herb PizzaSee More