GWYNETH PALTROW'S FAVORITE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
- Cooking Time: 8 minutes
- Servings: Approximately 40 cookies
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 2 cups unbleached, all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 sticks lightly salted, room temperature butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 350º.
2.Whisk the flour, soda and salt together in a bowl.
3. In another large bowl, mix the butter with a wooden spoon to lighten it a bit and then mix in the sugars.
4. Add the water, vanilla and eggs to the butter mixture.
5. Stir in the flour mixture until just combined and then fold in the chocolate chips.
6. Using two soup spoons, drop the cookies 2" apart onto two nonstick or greased cookie sheets.
7. Bake for eight minutes, rotating the sheets after four minutes.
8. Remove the cookies to a wire rack to cool, and repeat the process with the rest of the batter.
Website Credit: GOOP (http://goop.com/journal/make/38/the-cookie)