- 1 18-oz roll refrigerated sugar-cookie dough
- -4 3.5-oz containers vanilla pudding
- -2 cups chocolate cookie crumbs OR
- 20 chocolate sandwich cookies, finely crushed
- -Assorted whole vanilla wafers, graham crackers
- and/or chocolate-filled oval shortbread cookies
- -Black, green, red, and white decorator gel icing
- -Assorted candies, such as fruit-flavored jelly worms,
- candy-coated chocolate-covered peanuts, and gumdrops
Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 12-inch pizza pan or 3
baking sheets. With lightly floured hands, pat the cookie
dough into prepared pizza pan. If using baking sheets,
divide dough into thirds and pat each third into a 7-inch
circle onto the prepared baking sheets. Bake for 10 to
12 minutes for pizza pan or 8 to 10 minutes for smaller
circles of dough, or until edges are lightly browned. Cool
on wire rack. Spread vanilla pudding over baked cookie.
Sprinkle with cookie crumbs. Cover and chill. Meanwhile,
decorate cookie tombstones. Press cookies into pudding
lay of pizza. If necessary, support back of cookies with
some of the candies. Decorate "graveyard" with candies.
Create peering eyes with candy-coated chocolate peanuts
make shoes, feet, and hands with gumdrops; and arrange
jelly worms. Cover and chill up to 4 hours before serving.
Makes 16 to 20 servings.