- Cooking Time: 40
- Servings: 20
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup lukewarm water (105 to 115 F)
- 2 tablespoons active dry yeast
- 2/3 cup + 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- about 6 cups all purpose flour
- 1 extra whole egg and sugar for brushing over/glazing the rolls before baking
- Stir yeast and 1 teaspoon sugar into the warm water in a small bowl.
- Let stand 5 to 10 minutes or until bubbly.
- Bubbles assure you that the yeast is active.
- In a small saucepan, scald pineapple juice, 2/3 cup sugar and butter just till warm and butter is almost melted.
- Add eggs, salt, ground ginger and vanilla.
- Place 3 cups flour in large mixing bowl and mix in dissolved yeast and pineapple mixture.
- Beat with a wooden spoon until blended.
- Stir in enough remaining flour to make a stiff dough.
- Knead on floured surface until dough is smooth and elastic.
- Place dough in lightly oiled bowl, turn to coat and cover with a plastic wrap, then with a clean dish towel.
- Let rise until doubled in volume, 1 1/2 hours to 2 hours (Dough is well risen when indentation remains when you press one finger in the dough).
- Punch down dough and divide into 18 or 20 rolls.
- Divide rolls in two lightly oiled 9-inch round pans.
- Let rise (proof) again, about 1 hour.
- Brush rolls with beaten egg and sprinkle with sugar, then bake in preheated 350 F oven for 30 to 40 minutes or until golden brown.
- You must SAVE this recipe
NotesHomemade dinner rolls will always delight your family and guests. I usually bake these easy-to-make rolls in store-bought foil-round pans (with accompanying clear lids), but you can also bake these in 2 loaf pans.
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"See More
Black and White Cupcakes
Peanut Butter and Jelly Cupcakes
Barbecued BeefSee More