- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teasp baking soda
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 20 oz. can crushed pineapple, with juice. undrained
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, softened
- 4 oz. (1/2 large block) cream cheese, softened
- 1 to 1-1/2 cups confectioners sugar
- 1 teasp vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 325F. Coat a 13X9X2 baking pan with nonstick spray. In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients and whisk to distribute well (or sift, if you desire.) Add walnuts and stir to coat with the flour mixture, then add coconut, pineapple with juice and eggs. Stir with wooden spoon to combine, just till everything is mixed. Pour into prepared pan and bake 40 min., or until a toothpick inserted near center comes out clean (it actually took mine almost 50 min.) Remove from oven and set on a rack to cool(This cake is frosted in the pan.)
- In a bowl, beat butter and cream cheese until smooth. Add the confectioners sugar and vanilla and beat until frosting is smooth and desired consistancy. Frost cooled cake and garnish with more chopped walnuts, as desired.
NotesThis is a recipe featured recently in Family Circle. I made it, and really enjoy the combination of tastes and textures...sort of a cross between a cake and a bar. It's quick and does not even require an electric mixer. I did make an adjustment to the frosting directions, as theirs made way more than needed. Enjoy!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Favourites from Ana's Romanian Kitchen
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
Roasted Pepper Potato Soup
Oven Crispy FriesSee More