HAYASHI'S WHITE ASPARAGUS TEMPURA
1 lb white asparagus - remove the hard bottom part and peel
Vegetable oil for deep frying
100 g plain flour
100 ml cold sparkling water
1. Make tempura batter. Crack an egg in a bowl, add plain flour and cold sparkling water and quickly mix for only a few seconds. Do not over-mix, no worry some lumps.
2. Heat vegetable oil into approx. 180 degree C. in a deep frying pan.
3. Cut asparagus a few pieces. Add the pieces into the bowl of tempura batter and coat evenly.
4. Put a piece in the hot oil one by one. Leave 30 seconds to 1 minute until cooked.
5. Take them out over kitchen paper to drain.
6. Spread kosher salt.