- Cooking Time: 20-25 minutes
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 C Whipping Cream
- 6 Eggs separated
- 1/4 C Icing Sugar
- Nutella Chocolate Spread
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- 1/4 tsp Almond Extract
- 1 1/4 C Ground Hazelnuts
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- Grease a 10 x 15 cookie sheet, line with parchment paper and grease again.
- Heat oven to 350
- Using a mixer, beat egg yolks and sugar on high speed for 5 minutes, add extracts and beat for 1 minute more.
- In a separate bowl, combine sugar, baking powder and salt. Mix well.
- Add to egg mixture and beat for 2 minutes.
- Beat egg whites in a separate bowl until stiff but not dry and fold into cake batter by hand.
- Spread batter in pan and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Flip cake onto a damp tea towel sprinkled with icing sugar.
- Remove paper.
- Roll up and let cool for 15-30 minutes.
- Unroll and trim off crust if necessary.
- Spread chocolate spread and cover layer with whipping cream.
- Roll up cake and spread remaining whipping cream, sprinkle with hazelnuts. Put on a pan and freeze than store frozen in a plastic seal bag.
NotesReprinted from Celi-Yak News Fall 2013
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"
Recipes for Vitality
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome RecipesSee More
Roasted Butternut Bisque with Spicy Pumpkin Seeds
Julia's Fudge Puddles (Modified from allrecipes.com)
Seven More SinsSee More