- Cooking Time: 20-25 minutes
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 C Whipping Cream
- 6 Eggs separated
- 1/4 C Icing Sugar
- Nutella Chocolate Spread
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- 1/4 tsp Almond Extract
- 1 1/4 C Ground Hazelnuts
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- Grease a 10 x 15 cookie sheet, line with parchment paper and grease again.
- Heat oven to 350
- Using a mixer, beat egg yolks and sugar on high speed for 5 minutes, add extracts and beat for 1 minute more.
- In a separate bowl, combine sugar, baking powder and salt. Mix well.
- Add to egg mixture and beat for 2 minutes.
- Beat egg whites in a separate bowl until stiff but not dry and fold into cake batter by hand.
- Spread batter in pan and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Flip cake onto a damp tea towel sprinkled with icing sugar.
- Remove paper.
- Roll up and let cool for 15-30 minutes.
- Unroll and trim off crust if necessary.
- Spread chocolate spread and cover layer with whipping cream.
- Roll up cake and spread remaining whipping cream, sprinkle with hazelnuts. Put on a pan and freeze than store frozen in a plastic seal bag.
NotesReprinted from Celi-Yak News Fall 2013
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can Enjoy
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary CookbookSee More
ICE CREAM IN A MARTINI GLASS RIMMED WITH OREO CRUMBS
Cupcake Wars Winning Peaches 'n Cream Cupcakes
Monkfish Stew in White Wine SauceSee More