- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 potatoes, cooked and diced or cubed
- 1 green pepper, diced and sautéed
- 1 small onion, diced and sautéed
- 1 cup shredded cheese - Cheddar, Swiss, Mozzarella, OR Monterey Jack
- 1/2 to 1 cup ham, chopped - sautéed, if desired
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt OR seasoned salt
- pepper, if desired
- Preheat oven to 325. Butter 8 by 8 by 2 - inch pyrex dish,
- Prepare vegetables. cheese, and ham.
- Whisk eggs. Add milk, salt, and pepper. Pour into prepared dish.
- Sprinkle with vegetables, cheese, and ham. Stir slightly.
- Bake 45 to 55 minutes
NotesBy some definitions a Denver or Western Omelet has green peppers and onions. A Farmer's Omelet also has potatoes. Either way, this recipe I threw together and was a hit. I quickly baked a couple potatoes in the microwave. And it would probably be good with bacon, too.