- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2/3 cup water
- 2 cups flour (unbleached bread flour is suggested)
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. basil
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- 1/2 tsp. thyme
- or 1 1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup margarine
- 1 1/2 tsp. Bread machine yeast
- pinch garlic powder
- 2 tbsp. melted margarine
- Combine ingredients (except pinch of garlic powder and margarine) in order recommended in bread machine manual.
- Select dough cycle.
- Divide dough into 10 pieces. Roll each piece on a floured surface into 8 inch ropes.
- Place on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Stir pinch of garlic powder into melted margarine, brush over tops of bread.
- Cover with greased waxed paper and let rise in a warm draft free place until almost doubled in size, about 20 to 30 minutes.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 15 minutes or until golden .
- Serve warm.
NotesI really enjoy bread sticks or those hot from the oven little loaves in Italian restaurants.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern Creations
MetroCooking DC 2013
Adventures in CookingSee More
pistachio cranberry icebox cookies
Teeny Tiny Italian Meat-loaves
Mom's Holiday Stove Top StuffingSee More