- Cooking Time: 15
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb. thin cutlets of veal, pork, turkey or chicken
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup lightly packed fresh parsley sprigs
- 3/4 tsp. dried herbes de provence or thyme
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup flour
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- Blot cutlets dry with paper towels. Season with salt and pepper.
- In food processor, process bread crumbs, parsley and herbes de provence.
- In three separate shallow bowls, have ready the flour, beaten eggs and bread crumb mixture.
- Just before cooking, dredge cutlets in flour, shaking off excess; dip in egg and coat well in bread crumb mixture.
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat, heat half of the butter and oil. Cook cutlets in batches, adding more butter and oil as needed and wiping skillet clean with paper towels between batches, for 1 1/2 minutes per side or until golden.
- Transfer to a baking sheet: place in a warm oven while cooking remaining schnitzel. Marlene
NotesI use pork instead of veal for schnitzels as it taste nearly the same and is so much more reasonably priced.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking for a Cure
The Blue Family Favorites<3See More
Zucchini Spice Cake with Lemon Sauce
Rob’s Sugar Cookies modified from allrecipes.com
Stromboli WrapsSee More