- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 medium size tart cooking apples
- Shake-A-Sack Apple Snack:
- 2 cups Homemade dried apples (or store bought)
- 1 pkg (7 oz) dried peaches or apricots, halved and cut into 1/2" pieces
- 2 cups bite size wheat, rice, corn or bran square cereal (your preference)
- 1 cup puffed corn cereal or mini marshmallows
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 cup slivered almonds (optional), toasted
- In a large heavy duty plastic bag, combine homemade dried apples, dried peaches or apricots, cereal squares, puffed cereal, coconut and almonds.
- Close bag and seal.
- Shake until well mixed.
- Makes 8 to 9 cups.
NotesDried apples are good for you and kids like them. This is a recipe to dry slices and how to make a snack from the dried slices.
The NourishFull Kitchen
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew JudsonSee More
Bueno Foods' Green Chile Chicken Stew
Tex Mex Potato LatkesSee More