- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 12 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 12 tablespoons honey
- 5 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons sherry or chicken broth (I use whatever I have on hand, today it was chicken broth)
- 6 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 2 pounds pork tenderloin, trimmed and silver skin removed
- Stir together the first 5 ingredients (lemon juice through garlic) in a shallow dish or heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag. Remove 1 cup of this mixture, and set aside (*See notes below). Prick the pork several times with a fork, and place in the remaining mixture. Cover or seal, and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Remove pork, discarding marinade (*See notes below). Grill, covered with grill lid, over medium heat (300-350) 11 to 13 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer inserted into thickest portion registers 160, basting with reserved 1 cup mixture (*See notes below).
- *NOTES: 12 tablespoons = 3/4 cup
- Instead of throwing out the marinade, boil it for 3 minutes and use it for basting instead. Then bring the 1 cup reserved marinade from recipe to a boil, and add a slurry of 1 tablespoon cornstarch mixed with 2 tablespoons water. Return to a boil and serve as a sauce over the cooked meat.
- Instead of grilling, I also prepare these tenderloins by first browning them in a hot grill pan over medium-high heat until browned on all sides, about 2 to 3 minutes on each side, and I then add the pan with the tenderloins into a 425 degree F oven for about 10 minutes or so, or until the thermometer registers 150-155 degrees, then remove from the oven and cover with foil and allow to rest about 5 minutes until I slice them for serving as above.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Breads and Pastry 101
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!
Summertime SippersSee More
STUFFAT TAL-QARNIT (Octopus Stew)
Frosted Apple Cinnamon Bars
BANANA WELLINGTONSSee More