- Cooking Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Servings: 10 - 12
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 5-6 lb. fully cooked ham
- 1/4 cup whole cloves
- 1/2 cup dark corn syrup
- 1/8 tsp. ground cardamom
- 1-1/2 cups honey
- 2/3 cup butter
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/8 tsp. white pepper
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Place ham cut side down in a foil-lined roasting pan.
- Using a sharp knife, score the surface of the ham in a diamond pattern.
- Place the whole cloves in the scored intersections.
- Combine corn syrup, cardamom, honey, butter, brown sugar, orange juice, and pepper in the top half of a double boiler, and heat until the butter melts and mixture is smooth, stirring occasionally.
- Keep this glaze in the top of a double boiler, over hot water, while baking
- ham. Brush glaze over ham, then cover with foil.
- Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes at 325 degrees, basting ham every 10 to 15 minutes with the warm honey glaze.
- During the last 5 minutes of baking time, remove the foil and
- turn on broiler to caramelize the glaze.
- Watch the ham carefully during the broiling time!
- Remove ham from oven, cover with foil, and let sit for 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve the pan juices on the side to drizzle over each slice of ham.
NotesReprinted from Celi-Yak News Winter 2011
For your holiday dinner, this recipe for a honey and butter glazed ham is spectacular.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite Recipes
Cooking with Sabra
Fun appetizers and snacksSee More
Chicken Cordon Bleu
Fudgy Caramel DelightSee More