- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Block of good boiled ham...I buy a 4 pound piece (approx.)
- Wrap it well and freeze it.
- For each sandwich:
- 1 Kaiser roll
- 2 pieces of cheese...I like Provolone, Baby swiss or Horseradish cheddar
- Good brown mustard
- Preheat oven at 400'
- Heat the roll in the oven for about 4-7 minutes...
- cut in 1/2 and put mustard and cheese on each 1/2...turn the oven off and put rolls back in the oven to melt the cheese...about 2-3 minutes
- When you put the roll in the oven the 2nd time...take the frozen ham out and on the slicers thinnest setting, SHAVE the ham onto a cold plate...not on your hand...it will start thawing...and you do not want slices...Shaved ham piles up to look like a lot...you want a stack of ham chips about 6" high.
- Immediately, remove the roll, put the icy ham on the hot bottom and then put on the hot top....eat it now.
NotesYou need a kitchen slicer for this one
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal Helpings
Cooking for a CureSee More
Chinese New Years Sticky Rice Cake
Mushroom Barley Soup
Billy's Vanilla, Vanilla CupcakesSee More