- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/3 cup of finely sliced dried apricots
- 3/4 cup of white vinegar
- 1/4 cup EACH finely chopped:
- red onion,
- red bell pepper
- seeded habanero OR Jalapeno peppers
- 3 cups of sugar
- 1 pouch of liquid pectin
- In a large stainless steel saucepan, combine apricots and vinegar.
- Cover and let stand at least 4 hours.
- Add red onion, red and habanero peppers and sugar.
- Over high heat, stirring constantly, bring to a full rolling boil that can not be stirred down.
- Stir in pectin.
- Boil hard, stirring constantly for 1 minute. Remove from heat, skim off foam and stir to disperse peppers.
- Ladle jelly into hot jars leaving 1/4 inch of headspace.
- Heat process jar in a boiling water bath for 10 minutes.